DISPATCH AND GPS LOCATION SYSTEMS
Using its transportation management software, Transervice can easily upload customer orders and build a dispatch schedule. This computerized data interchange system is used to schedule deliveries, designate drivers and equipment for each trip, and manage activities such as load tracking.
In the case of operations where the level of control required by the customer is high, Transervice can equip tractors, trucks and trailers with a GPS tracking system. Here is some information about it:
- GPS location (Global Positioning System) : this system allows us to easily follow the movements of our vehicles, employees and merchandise at all times and to communicate with our drivers. This system allows for event-based monitoring.
- Manage and protect assets : GPS/AVL (Automatic Vehicle Location) technology is combined, in an innovative way, with advanced warning and detection technology.
- Merchandise Protection : we can also offer a GPS package including a sophisticated alarm system that protects the vehicle. This GPS tracking system features a unique assortment of alarms and an engine ignition switch. An alert is sent immediately to Transervice and its client, as well as to the central office. The vehicle cannot be moved or towed without an alert being transmitted, since it is equipped with motion and breakage sensors and a highly secure configuration key.
- Camouflaged system : Some criminals have learned to disable roof-mounted GPS devices by damaging or covering them. This prevents the GPS system from working or capturing the sky image. However, one of our GPS system suppliers avoids this risk since its system is camouflaged.
- Fuel consumption : The system provides an audit trail, including indicating how long the engine has been idling during the day. This allows the fuel efficiency of the vehicle to be analysed.